Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tara's Birthday Quilt




Joyce and I collaborated on a quilt for her niece's birthday. Tara recently moved to Portland, OR and we miss her. She was a regular at our "Stampin Up" nights at Laura's house. Joyce did all the embroidery and piecing and I did the machine quilting and binding. Have I mentioned how much I hate attaching binding?? I don't mind sewing it down by hand but I hate attaching it as much as I hate basting. We used a basting spray from Sulky so we wouldn't have to baste. Some of the embroidery patterns were from a Better Homes and Garden Quilt Sampler issue. Joyce hopped on line and went through all her books to find more images. Tara's birthday is around Halloween and she absolutely loves everything about Halloween so we thought it would be the perfect gift for her. I think she looks happy snuggled under it. Her newborn cousin is tucked under the quilt on her shoulder. New babies always make her smile, but I'd like to think some of the smile is for the new quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment