Monday, October 18, 2010

Four is too many!

Kara and I need to admit, once and for all, that four quilts is too many to layer and baste in a single evening that starts after 3pm!  Kara arrived around 7:30pm or so, but we didn't go "quilts up" till about 8pm or so.  I'm relieved Kara didn't have an accident driving home in the wee hours, but my butt is totally dragging on the ground now.  The christmas quilting countdown clock is not scaring me quite so badly now.

Here's my holiday status report:
  • Amish Steps #1 (pieced; layered, & basted; ready for machine quilting)
  • Amish Steps #2 (all machine work completed; binding in progress)
  • Arcadia #1 (pieced; layered, & basted; ready for machine quilting)
  • Zen #1 (pieced; layered & basted; machine quilting approximately 50%)
  • Arcadia #1 (fabric purchased & washed 
So it's only that last item that has me worried!  I also have two birthday quilts in the queue, and I haven't figured out anything for Grantwardo, although I will wait till then end & then piece something to wrap up & give to him, to be finished in the new year.

    1 comment: