Sunday, October 24, 2010

Laura's Birthday Quilt




Joyce and I have been planning on making Laura a quilt for her birthday for some time now. I shopped and shopped and Joyce and I could not agree on what Laura would like. On impulse I picked up a Moda Milk Chocolate Candy Bar at Threads of Time. It was 15 minutes past closing and I had NOTHING in my basket. I decided with a 160 fabrics in the pack that surely there had to be a few that Laura liked. I decided the best use of the 2.5" by 5" rectangles was to sew them to a solid rectangle and turn them into four patches. Joyce was going to embroidery all "Stampin Up" images because Laura is our Stampin Up pusher/demonstrator. It's possible that Joyce and I are addicted to fabric, paper and ink. We were just going to sew together the four patches interspersed with the occasional embroidered block. Apparently, I can't do anything random. While Joyce is probably tucked away in her bed, I decided that I should "frame" each of Joyce's embroidered square with the four patch squares turning them into 12" 9 patch blocks. I think it's going to be really nice and I hope Joyce approves because I'm pushing on and trying to figure out how I can sneak over to the Fabric Center in Morris to get some sashing. I'm guessing that they are carrying the lines of fabric in the "Candy bar" but I'll phone first just to be sure.
I apologize for the sideways image. Picase won't load my images so I'm winging it with a different method.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love the quilt. It is turning out better than I ever dreamed possible. One of our best so far. We rock!!!!!

    ReplyDelete