Friday, October 22, 2010

Noticeable Progress

I finished the quilting on the Zen quilt last night, and tonight I put the binding strip on, so all the machine work is done on Zen, with only hand-stitching the binding strip down on the back remaining.  So now two of the five Christmas quilts are to the binding stage.  I have two more at the machine quilting stage (Arcadia #1 and Amish Steps #1), but now I have to figure out which one is next up, but I think it will be Arcadia #1.

I also wanted to post here to remind myself where the good diagram is that I use to figure out how to join the beginning and ending of the binding strip.  That diagram is in Eileen Wright's Twist-and-Turn Bargello Quilts, but I have modified her procedure just a little bit.  I had intended to enumerate the steps to my method, but the what I really need to do is illustrate the steps with pictures or perhaps post a video.  We'll see.

Okay, time to run the pups out one last time & hit the sack.  I'm exhausted but quite satisfied.  Oh, and with two of the five quilts nearly "in the bag",  I'm starting to breathe a little easier about Christmas deadlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment