Wednesday, August 4, 2010

An upside-down omnigrid (and the dire consequences thereof)

Okay, I guess it's a bit of hyperbole to refer to dire consequences cutting fabric I could easily replace tomorrow for $2.75, but I was rather pissed-off at myself when I cut a 7"x10.5" piece to 7"x10" instead, not realizing I had neglected to orient the omnigrid to have the +1/2" side UP!  D'oh!  Fortunately, the fabric in question is a dark, nearly midnight blue (more like an 11:45pm blue), and I had debated about replacing the fabric entirely, so at least I didn't wipe out one of my favorite colors.  Also, the block configuration is 7x9, thus calling for 63 blocks; cutting all 16 fat quarters (correctly) would yield 64 blocks; as one is unused, I'm okay as long as I don't have further assembly issues.  So it wasn't a complete cluster-fluff.

I also need to clean up a little unfinished business with Kara's happy colors bag.  Specifically, here's a picture of it after washing (and filled with a few goodies):


From Bags

No comments:

Post a Comment