Saturday, August 7, 2010

Road trip addendum and Zen

Just a quick addendum to our road tripping agenda:  Trader Joe's and Oberweis Dairy!  Perhaps our motto should be, "Gluttony:  Don't leave home without it!"  Or it would be if we could find a way to work Royal Donut into our agenda, but Danville is the wrong direction.

Okay, on to the Zen.  I've been struggling all night to find the right combinations of fabrics for the patterned blocks in the Zen quilt.  It started as a kit from Sew Sassy in Urbana, but I started culling the fabrics I just didn't like, and then I had to cull a few more that just didn't seem to make friends well with others.  With all my years of yarn collecting and the sizeable yarn stash (over 3 million yards and counting), I can see that have a well developed fat quarter stash is a good thing (and a good thing that will be implemented very, very, very soon (as per the above paragraph).  I warmed up the palette a little bit and resected the fabrics with strong patterns, and I'm just thrilled with the result:


From Zen Quilt (Quilt #0003)
I am now contemplating putting Ott-Lite light-bulbs in the dining room fixture to get better color representations when I take digital pictures (ooh, how long are the bulbs on sale at Jo-Ann's?)  Except it would take six bulbs, and our meals might not look as appetizing without the warm hues added by incandescent lights.

In being thrilled with "my" Zen color/fabric combinations, I really just give Grantward, my DH, credit for making many suggestions, most of which were excellent ideas.  We really had a grand time handing each other little squares & saying, "oooh, how about this one over there?!"  Given the late hour, I find I'm exhausted (being consumed by one's own fabulousness is hard work!) and just be off to bed, but first I will take Kara's (extraordinary advice) and place each combination in a page protector & put the whole thing in a ring-binder -- just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment