Wednesday, August 4, 2010

114 degrees in the shade

with the heat index! My crafty spot is on our back porch. Even with two fans blowing directly on me, it is too hot to sew. I am currently piecing a quilt that Matthew and I are doing for a friend. It is a Triple Irish Chain. I gave myself the day off. I did manage to oil and clean the Bernina sewing machine that I inherited from my mother. I watched a youtube video on oiling and cleaning a different Bernina model. After the video, I was able to follow the manual instructions. I have a feeling that mom never cleaned the machine. There was felted stuff stuck everywhere. I even gave my "Bernie" a new needle. It should be a happy fellow and I'm hoping the quilting gods smile on me. I'll post pictures soon of the many, many quilts that I am working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment