Saturday, September 11, 2010

Toronto International Film Festival

Ah, peace and quiet.  An empty house, well except for the brother-in-law, who's sleep quite quietly downstairs, so much so that you'd never know he was here.  I can't really complain about not having a peaceful quiet house, generally, as we all know of houses with much more distraction than a constant home theater or two and the occasional barking dog or two.  Grant left this morning for the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF), and he won't be back until the 20th.  Don't tell him that I watched a movie, a movie that I had seen before, and a movie not on blu-ray disc.  He would just sigh and say it was a waste.

I realized that I could watch my movie, Amadeus, as I've been ripping Mozart CDs into iTunes of late, if I wanted to, and I could watch it on my laptop set up in the quilting room so I could work on Amish Steps #2.  And work on it I did!  About ten minutes ago, I finished the outer border, so all the piecing for the front is done.  Now, all I need to do before Kara helps me layer & baste is press the background fabric; cut it to length; stitch the two halves together; press it again; and get the dining room table ready for layering & basting.  Here's a few pictures of the pieced top:


From Fabric & In Progress
From Fabric & In Progress
From Fabric & In Progress
I am inordinately pleased with the result, and I can hardly wait not only to back to do Amish Steps #1 (with the solid green background) but also Amish Steps #3 (purple backgrounds, ribbon arrangement, for me).  But, I have two other gift-ulous quilts to get crackin' on... so all in the fullness of time.

1 comment: