Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Amish Steps #2 Machine Work is Done

Yay!  The machine work for Amish Steps #2 is done!  I just finished attaching the binding strips, and now I have a TV friendly quilting task!  I'm also pleased to have a portable project to take with me to Iowa this weekend.  I'd love for my Aunt Billie, my parents, my sister, and my cousins to see what I've been up to, yet I can't quite make a good excuse to just take Grantward quilt with us.  Oh, and I can't forget to take Dad's sweater with me for alteration.  I almost have one side reduced, with just about 8" of kitchener on that side; then, I have to pick-out a row of knitting on the other side, rip out 3 pattern repeats plus one row, and then re-attach with kitchener to replace that last row ripped out.  After that, it's just the waist-band ribbing to reknit.  I'll work on the sweater project during the drive, because I don't think I'm good enough with the hand stitching to blind-stitch the binding down in a moving car at highway speeds.  I also don't think Grantward will be too patient about pulling over every time I have to thread a needle!

Yikes, tomorrow is almost here, and I have a full day of teaching.  Bleah.  Time to run the puppies out one last time, brush my teeth, grab my CPAP, and hit the hay!

No comments:

Post a Comment