Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Quilt #0001 is in the bag

Okay, so technically Quilt #0001 is not really in the bag because it is really in "Mr. Washie" as Kara would refer to the washing machine.  Momentarily, I'll be able to pop it into the dryer (Kara, would you like to weigh in here with a cute name for the dryer?).  I'm excited and thrilled.  I'm beyond thrilled:  I am consumed with my own fabulousness.

Back to the post title, though.  Quilt #0001 will soon be in the bag, literally, because I quilted a matching bag using 2.5" strips, the same size as the quilt.  Originally, we picked a bag pattern, which at first had me completely perplexed, but seeing my quizzical and totally bumfuzzled look gave Kara multiple occasions to quip, "Surely we can figure this out.  We have five degrees between us.  How hard could it be?"  The bag pattern was a lovely starting point for construction, but ultimately, I grabbed a quilted knitting back and just copied their construction, using the original pattern as a mere starting off point.  If I had the bag to do over again, I'd make it wider and shorter, because now I'm worried that Karen will be dragging the bag on the ground by the time Chemo is over for the day.

Well, it's time to go move things to the dryer, and then maybe I'll crash for the evening.  Tomorrow is a day I expect to be replete with machine quilting as Grant, my dear husband, started querying whether his quilt would be done in time for his convalescence and recovery from the robotic assisted laparascopic partial nephrectomy scheduled for August 10th.  Perhaps tomorrow should also include some photographs of Quilt #0001, along with it's matching bag, and perhaps Kara will remember to download the pictures of Quilt #0001 in progress and upload them for viewing here as well as sending them to me to print & include with Quilt #0001.

No comments:

Post a Comment