Thursday, July 29, 2010

And a fine morning it is

My ankle was a little sore this morning as we were walking the doggies at 5:30am, which would normally not be such a good thing.  This morning, though, that sore ankle became a reason to skip the treadmill (or at least postpone it to later on), which gave me a nice solid block of time for some machine quilting on Quilt #0002, the one for Grant that matches the one for Karen.  I have the 10" blocks outlined, the inner border perimeter, and the outer border perimeter all done.  At this point, given how sticky my 50/50 cotton/bamboo batting is, I'm ready to pull the basting threads, and I am certainly happier quilting when I don't have them getting under foot.  Oh, that expression doesn't work here, because we want the basting threads to go under the presser foot; the problem is when they get snagged and go over the foot.

So after I pull the basting threads, I'll be ready to work the short quilt lines within each block, and then I'm going to do a free-hand meander for the outer border, and I'm glad I'm writing this, because I want to start the meander with my initials and the year, meandering all the way around, and then hooking up at the beginning of my initials again.

I also have to admit that I have quilted bags on the brain (oooh, I just re-read that and realized how deliciously ambiguous it is:  Am I thinking about quilted bags alot, or did I take some bags and quilt them to a brain?).  I sat staring this morning at Grant's quilt, folding edges over to imagine small knitting project bags or sock knitting bags.

And finally, I just checked on Karen's quilt, and it is on the truck and will be delivered before noon (local time), so within the next 90 minutes, Karen should get her chemo quilt, matching bag, and the chemo hats (courtesy of Kara's never idle hands).

One final addendum:  I started adding some doo-dahs to the blog, including a list of pictures of projects, both finished and in progress, and I decided the Quilt #00000001 silliness just wasn't so funny when it created link text that line breaks.  Thus, aesthetics win out over silliness (at least this time).

No comments:

Post a Comment