Saturday, November 13, 2010

Today's Forecast: More Layering and Basting


I finished piecing Arcadia 2 last night just after midnight, and Kara will be helping me layer and baste tonight.  Arcadia 1 was a pain in the rump to baste because of the staggered sashing lines, so this time I'm going to give Hobbs Fusible Cotton batting a go and see how that works for me.  Kara and I fumbled through using this batting on our last layer/basting blowout, and I don't think she's done the machine quilting on that project started yet.  I think it will go much more smoothly for us now that we know we'll have to flip sandwich over successively to get all the big wrinkles out.  Kara was also going to double-down on her Blue Bell quilt to get the embroidery in the borders finished so we can layer and baste that one, too.  I'm still shuddering, though, remembering our last layer & baste event which nearly turned into a slumber party when I sent Kara home in the wee hours of the morning.  So I've drawn the line:  We can baste one quilt, or two quilts, or three quilts, but not four!  Well, maybe I'd reconsider for crib quilts...

No comments:

Post a Comment